Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

15 April 2006

Welcome!

Greetings!

I don't really have anything to say (yet), but I wanted to establish the address so I could include it in emails I am sending out to friends, family, etc. If you happen to have stumbled upon this site unwittingly (or if you did it wittingly but are forgetful), here are the basics:

This site will chronicle my experiences during Peace Corps service in the country of Georgia. I have three days of training starting June 12, 2006. Rumor has it this will take place in Philadelphia. On June 15 I leave for T'bilisi, Georgia, where I will engage in 2.5 months of language and culture training before assuming my post in an unknown (at least for now) town in Georgia. Once there, I will be teaching English as a foreign language to secondary-level students for two years before returning to the U.S.A. in late August, 2008. Plans from there are nebulous, but they include becoming undeservedly wealthy.

If facebook just isn't interesting anymore, here are some links about Georgia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_%28country%29 - Wikipedia article about Georgia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_language - Georgian Language
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PeaceCorpsGeorgia/ - PC - Georgia Yahoo! group (You need to join to see the good stuff, I think.)

I plan to augment this site with some emails (which may be personally tailored!). If you are not on the email list and would like to be, send an email to tpiergalski@gmail.com from an address you will have access to until August 2008.

I plan to update this site as developments warrant until June, when I will (hopefully) update it regularly. Also, as many posts as possible will be made in the font 'Georgia' to further enhance your vicarious experience.


Cheers,

Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home