Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

02 February 2007

Pictures!

the Golden Horne in Istanbul.

The Blue Mosque.

The Bosporus Bridge, spanning Europe (behind) and Asia.

The view from the roof of our hostel. This is the Blue Mosque, which Pope Ratzinger prayed at the week before we were there.


Hagia Sofia, the most important Church in the Christian world for over 1000 years.


Me in Goreme, the small village we stayed in which was peppered with caves and really cool mushroom-style rock formations. Some Star Wars scenes were filmed nearby.

1 Comments:

Blogger Virginia Pasley said...

Hey Tim!! I'm so excited to have found working internet that I'm writing on your blog! Glad that everything's going well, I'm very jealous - would love to see the Hagia Sofia, etc. Eventually when I figure out things like buying groceries, maybe I'll venture forth and travel. Take care!!

Fri Feb 09, 03:24:00 PM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home