Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

29 August 2006

More Random Pictures

I found some pictures of me teaching in some Georgian schools...not my school in Gonio, though, because it is a heap of dust right now (but, the exterior painting is almost done, and the first floor has windows. But, the rooms are all barren...)




And, unrelatedly, some details about site placement day, which was about a month ago (I think...time doesn't mean as much here, so I have an increasingly skewed concept of it). So on site placement day, there was a gigantic map of Georgia painted on the handball court (concrete) outside of the university where our hub sessions were held. Each trainee received another person's placement, and then, one by one, we read where the other was going. So you went and stood on your place on the map, so you could visualize who would be near you, etc. Pretty interesting way to do it, in my opinion. So anyway, here are some pictures from that. Or maybe not...it said they posted, but I can't see them. So maybe.


Expect an actual entry, with more text than pictures, later this week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey tim,
you look like a seasoned pro already. looks like they are doing a good job of conjugating jump, so you must be getting through to them. hope you are having a good time.

-Rob

Sat Sep 09, 06:43:00 AM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home