Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

09 April 2007

Trash CleanUp!!

We had a trash cleanup with my ECO club about two weeks ago in Gonio. Some of my students and I took to the beach and tried to pick up all the steering wheels, drug needles, beer bottles, candy wrappers, and other undesirable things so Gonio will look just a bit cleaner.

Beso pauses to pose for a picture.
More happy trash-picker-uppers.
My students in action. And there is a car on the beach, no idea how that got there.
Learning that wood is not trash...
Another candid shot, with the village in the background.
In all, we collected about 2 cubic meters of trash and properly disposed of it. Where the garbage men took it though is anybody's guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home