Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

25 May 2006

Tickets? Check.

I called SATO and booked my tickets to Philadelphia yesterday. I leave Chicago (O'Hare) at 1:15pm on Monday, June 12, 2006 and arrive in Philadelphia around 4:30. So that takes care of everything that I need to do before I embark upon this journey. Except packing, which will take place, undoubtedly, that morning.

This blog taught me something today - something I did not expect to learn, even. I was born in the year of the rat. Yah, yah, I know, that explains a lot. But really, I had no idea a few minutes ago when I was foraging around in the template editing stuff. Can you spot the change I made? I separated the links from the Georgia blogs. Fascinating, I know.

Also, the blog is hitting the big time! In addition to having readership in Georgia, Russia, the USA, and even Los Alamos, a contingent of Georgians in the USA has begun to partake in the assuredly life-changing experience of reading my thoughts as well. Sponsorships, advertisements, and book deals are certainly looming on the horizon. But seriously, if you are reading from a far-off locale, let me know. It providees a slight lift to the ego and a bit of encouragement, if nothing else.

I heard that Tom Hanks made a movie about being a PC volunteer, coincidetally called "Volunteers." I watched EuroTrip before going to Europe last summer, so I guess I should watch this also. Hopefully it's good (and at least moderately accurate). Alright, time to check the Yahoo group for packing tips.


Tim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home