Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

17 September 2007

Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

After over a year in Georgia, Peace Corps found it prudent to send me to the doctor for a mid-service check-up. As many of you may know, I have a less-is-more approach to doctors. That said, this experience was sublime - the best I've ever had. In and out in 25 minutes with only one skin invasion, I promptly thanked the doctor and came downstairs to write this blog. Medical service in the Peace Corps is excellent in my opinion, not bothering me when I am not sick and being always availible for those who are.

Relatedly, I want to alert you to a peculiar problem that I have experienced since coming to Georgia: increased chest hair. For a more advanced discussion, please read Ryan's blog entry regarding this quite disturbing form of "personal growth."


Very unrelatedly, school started on Monday. Like in the U.S., the first day of school in Georgia is definately missable. I arrived, kissed everyone for an hour, and then we all went home. But, it will get better, I'm sure. I'm piloting the textbook that my friend and I have been writing, which gives me some extra motivation on days when it's lacking. I have also received word that the internet at my school will work more often than once every two months this year, so I might be blogging with increased regularity (gasp!).

Finally, I have been devouring celebrity magazines recently since they are availible and written in English, and I can happily say that I don't miss America very much at the moment.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home