Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

12 June 2006

I'm Leavin...on a Jet Plane

My plane leaves for staging in ten hours. I will likely sleep for very little of this time as I finish tying up loose ends here at home. But...I am done packing! I succeeded in only requiring one bag and a backpack (in addition to my laptop, which I am carrying on because I don't trust the luggage handlers). Also, those vaccuum bags for shrinking down clothes are amazing. Here's a picture, with half of my 17 foot long dog sitting next to my luggage.



After a fiasco involving the owners being in Moscow the night that I previously wanted to go to T'bilisi (the Georgian restaurant mentioned in my previous post), the indulgence was postponed until tonight's dinner. My family joined me in this culinary excursion, which was generally agreed to be successful. We had some khachapuri as an appetizer and then I had chalakhash, which is something very much like a pork shish-kabob.

Quick update: I no longer have a cell phone, so don't call it. If you want to reach me in Philadelphia, call Katie, I'm staying at her place on Monday night. Good times ahead (and behind, too).

Well, I guess it's time for the adventure to begin. Goodbye from Illinois.



Tim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you pronounce those foods you ate??

Wed Jun 14, 05:46:00 AM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home