Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

01 October 2007

Peace Corps and Technology...Two Peas in a Podcast!

Let's play that word association game. Georgia? Peaches. Teacher? Student. Peace Corps? Podcast. Good, I'm glad we came up with the same responses. Since it is so obvious that, when in the Peace Corps, I would undertake a podcast project, I bet you all have anticipated this post for some time. But anyway, here is the address: http://www.sakartvelopodcast.org/

Fellow Volunteers and I have been working feverishly to try and accomplish the infamous "third goal" of Peace Corps - increasing Americans' knowledge of other cultures. This podcast, along with my blog (plug, plug), is my way of attempting this. On the podcast, you can hear PCVs discussing thier work, free time, and things that are even less interesting. Additionally, the podcast is the definitive source on Georgian culture, foodways, gender roles, and more. The website also includes instructions on how to download and listen to the podcast in case you are like me (and my parents...) and have never done this sort of advanced-techno-mumbo-jumbo before. Additionally, the podcast is availible for download on iTunes.

Happy listening.


Tim

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home