Tim in Georgia

This is a blog to chronicle my experiences in the Republic of Georgia as a Peace Corps TEFL volunteer. *The views expressed herein are mine and are not necessarily those of the Peace Corps or the US Government.*

10 August 2008

Svaneti

Like Cuttino, I have apparently been too busy to update my blog. But, I am no longer a Peace Corps Volunteer, and I left Georgia the night that the fightıng began. There, now you are caught up.

But, before I left Georgia, I went to the remote and mountainous region of Svaneti. Here are some photos.

The church is aflame during a festival ceremony.


One of the ubiquitous Svan towers.

Our mode of transport to Ushguli.






A view from our trip on mountain bikes.




Ushguli, the highest continuously inhabited place ıin Europe.



An old man celebrates at a festival in Ushguli.



The festival in Ushguli.




More from the festival.








1 Comments:

Blogger Anthony (Tony) Hanmer said...

Greetings,

Great pictures from Svaneti!

I also teach English in Georgia, where I have lived for 8 years - last winter I moved to Ushguli to do this, and will do so again in a month or so. My photogrpahic blog, focused mostly on Georgia and Svaneti, is
www.geosynchronicity.blogspot.com

Tony Hanmer
Tbilisi/Ushguli

Fri Oct 31, 01:33:00 PM GMT+4  

Post a Comment

<< Home